Nutrition: 170 calories
8g fat (1g saturates)
Serves: 1-2 people
- 3 courgettes, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red pepper, halved, deseeded and sliced
- 3 medium carrots – about 225 g – cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 sweet potatoes – about 450 g – cut into 1 cm cubes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 tsp. coriander seeds
- 500 mL carton or bottle passata
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven) mark 6. Take two large roasting tins and put the courgettes, aubergine, red onion, garlic and pepper into one and the carrots and sweet potatoes into the other.
- Drizzle both lots of vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with allspice and coriander seeds. Toss well.
- Roast the vegetables for 20 mins, then turn and continue to roast for 20 mins until tender and slightly charred.
- To prepare ahead, cool, put in an airtight container and chill until needed.
- To serve, preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven) mark 6.
- Put the roasted vegetables in a roasting tin, add the passata and toss well.
- Season generously and cook for 20 mins.
- To serve in a neat shape, put a 7.5cm (3in) plain cutter on a serving plate, spoon in the ratatouille and lift up the cutter.