When I was a child I use to steal the silver packets from the family packs of instant noodles and lick them clean. And then, of course, my mother used to scold me for leaving those packets of noodles to waste. In my defense, there is nothing tastier than the salty, sweet, and spicy masala well-suited for our taste buds at any time of the day. For all those mothers who have naughty kids like myself, or who want to make the instant noodles’ tastemaker at home just to add more flavour to other food preparations, we give you the recipe for the very magical masala.
- Dry ginger powder – 1 tsp
- Dry garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Dry onion powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Red chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Add one tablespoon of vegetable oil on a pan.
- Add all the ingredients to the pan.
- Lightly stir the mixture at minimum flame.
- Keep stirring the mixture till the colour of the mixture changes to dark brown.
- Now, keep it off the stove and let the mixture cool down.
- Blend to fine powder.
- Flavourful and healthy homemade instant noodle masala powder is ready.
You can add the tastemaker to make dry curry baby potatoes, masala egg-bhurji, bhel-puri, masala fries, mushroom clear soup; and for our south Indian food fans, you can use this tastemaker to coat the inner layer of your masala dosa and make a Mysore masala dosa instead. You can also stir fry leftover idlis with some onions and mustard seeds along with a light toss of the tastemaker masala to make a very healthy evening snack.
Try the above suggestions with your own tastemaker masala and tell us if your kids left the table without licking their fingers clean.