Jamia Milia Islamia has become the first university in the country to introduce undergraduate programmes and post-grapduate programmes for Army personnel.
MOU signing ceremony:
- Accoding to a report in NDTV, “A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between Vice Chancellor, JMI, Prof Talat Ahmad and Lt. Gen. Ashwani Kumar, Adjutant General, Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Army).”
- Pro Vice-Chancellor, Prof Shahid Ashraf, Registrar, A. P. Siddiqui, Prof Mukesh Ranjan, Coordinator International Relations and Outreach Programme JMI, Lt. Gen Gopal R., Director General, IHQ of MOD (Army), Major Gen. Sudhakar Jee, Additional Director General, IHQ of MOD (Army), other high officials from the Army and Deans and officials of JMI were also present during the ceremony
How to register:
The registration can be done at Centre for Distance and Open Learning under the aegis of ‘Taleem-e-Taraqqi’.
Jamia Millia Islamia, an institution originally established at Aligarh in United Provinces, India in 1920 became a Central University by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988. In Urdu language, Jamia means ‘University’, and Millia means ‘National’.
List of regular programmes/courses:
- Doctoral programmes: 53
- Masters programmes: 83
- Postgraduate diploma programmes: 11
- Undergraduate programmes: 55
- Advanced diploma programmes: 11
- Diploma programmes: 22
- Certificate programmes: 21
- School programmes: 19