Total time: 0:45
- 1 large onion
- 1 celeriac
- 2 sticks celery
- 10 g. fresh lemon thyme, plus extra to garnish
- 50 g. walnut pieces, toasted
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- half tsp. fennel seeds
- 750 mL hot vegetable stock
- 500 mL semi-skimmed milk
- grated lemon zest and / or hopped parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Finely chop the onion. Peel the celeriac and dice into 1cm cubes. Trim and slice the celery. Strip the leaves from the lemon thyme. Roughly chop the walnut pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Add the prepared vegetables and fennel seeds then cover and cook gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon thyme and the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the milk to the soup with half of the walnuts and blend until smooth, in batches if necessary. Season to taste and reheat.
- Ladle into bowls and scatter over the remaining walnuts and lemon thyme leaves.
- Garnish with the zest, parsley and olive oil, if using.